As valued customers and supporters, I am reaching out to you personally to let you know what The Joint is doing to manage the current COVID-19 virus situation.
The health and safety of our customers and staff, including all team members in our supply and distribution network, is our highest priority.
We have been in regular communication with all our shop teams and have reinforced the following protocols that ensure the protection of everyone’s health and wellbeing:
- Enhancing our practices around safe product handling and personal hygiene. This includes frequent employee hand washing, sanitization of all work surfaces, and more rigorous and thorough store cleaning.
- Frequent sanitizing of all high touch surfaces in our stores, including door handles, payment keypads, and display cases.
In store, customers will notice that we have made some changes to our regular customer service procedures, and we would like to thank all patrons for their understanding and cooperation in that:
- Our staff may wear rubber gloves in the process of checking customer IDs as well as throughout the customer interaction period.
- Our staff have been asked to practice social distancing and will attempt to keep their distance from customers where practical. We ask that all customers attempt to keep a distance of three to six feet (one to two meters) from our staff and other patrons, where possible.
- We will not be permitting customers to handle any products until they have been purchased.
- We will be encouraging customers to choose to pay by card, and even more preferably by using the “tap” option to eliminate the need to exchange physical money, or the debit/credit machine.
- We will not be allowing any returns or exchanges at this time. We will allow returns or exchanges with receipt at a later date (to be determined).
We are also monitoring our teams’ health very closely and doing our best to support them through this time.
As a valued customer, you will be happy to know that we are working hard to ensure that our shops are stocked with your favourite products, so they are available when you want them.. As you stock up on all the essentials you might need over the next few weeks be sure a stop at The Joint is on your list and here are some of our quick tips/reminders:
- Roll smaller, personal joints – social sharing might be part of the cannabis culture, but during times like this it’s best to roll, handle and smoke your own.
- Make sure to thoroughly clean and sanitize any equipment between uses or if sharing with others.
- Wash your hands frequently and maintain social distancing.
As the situation progresses, we will continue to follow all health and safety advice and guidelines put in place by government agencies, regulators, and local health authorities. We are constantly monitoring the situation, and your safety is our highest priority. Our team is here for you, so if you have any questions or concerns, please reach out. Stay safe, wash your hands, and we look forward to seeing you all again very soon!