I’ll be the first to admit that I never pass up the opportunity for some good comfort food. This classic snack has been enjoyed by people all over the world, and it’s one of my personal favs, but let’s be honest this food can get a little boring on its own. Today on the blog we’re back in the kitchen for another recipe, and this time we’re prepping a classic snack. For this blog, I made it my mission to figure out how to make your own cannabis-infused French fries and I think I’ve found the perfect option. Let’s not waste any more time and get right into it.
OPTION #1: REALLY EASY WAY - THC Powder
This entire process can be made super easy in a single step. All you need to do is head down to any The Joint Cannabis location and purchase some dissolvable THC Powder, You can add it to a condiment of your choice, or just sprinkle it on the fries if that's more your style. If that option seems appealing I'd go with this offering from Ripple and The Green Organic Dutchman. It’s a tasteless, odorless, and calorie-free dose of THC. Oh yeah, and if you didn’t already know, it’s a really good option to make edibles. Once you’ve secured your THC powder move on to the first step.
OPTION #2: THE OG WAY - MAKING CANNA BUTTER
The second of the two options you have, This one requires a bit more work. You’re going to need to make some canna-butter. Here's a quick guide on how to make it if you’re unfamiliar:
- Decarb your cannabis: Preheat your oven to 245ºF. Place your cannabis buds on a non-stick tray. Cover tray with parchment paper to prevent your cannabis from sticking. Making sure buds are evenly spaced, put the tray into the oven and set a timer for 30-40 minutes, checking every 10 minutes.
- Grind it up: Once you’re finished with the oven, Grind the decarboxylated cannabis coarsely with a grinder.
- Melt your butter: Add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of butter into a saucepan. Simmer on low and let the butter melt. Add in a bit of water gradually to prevent major Burnage.
- Add your cannabis: As the butter begins to melt, add in your coarsely ground cannabis product.
- Simmer it slow: Maintain low heat, remember when it comes to cooking usually low and slow is best. let that mixture simmer for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally. The mixture shouldn’t come to a full boil.
- Strain the butter: Set a funnel on top of a jar and line it with cheesecloth. Once the butter has cooled off, pour it over the cheesecloth funnel and allow it to strain freely.
- Refrigerate the butter. If excess water forms at the bottom of the jar, you can remove the solid butter with a knife and drain the water out. (The butter will need to refrigerate for about an hour before removing the water.)
MAKING THE FRIES:
First off you’re going to need a few things to make the actual French fries. Make sure you’ve got all of these items handy:
- 2 potatoes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
Peel and cut your potatoes into even-sized sticks, a few inches in length (y’know like fries).
Combine the chopped potato, cannabis-infused butter or THC powder, pepper, and salt, in a medium-sized bowl and toss vigorously so all fries are coated. (At this stage you can also add any spices or anything else you’d like to add for flavor)
Preheat your oven to 180°C/ 356°F.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper and transfer the fries to the baking tray. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
Remove the tray, flip your fries and return them to the oven for another 15 minutes or until you get the desired crispiness.
Serve hot, Chow down. (Remember to share!)
And just like that with minimal mess (we hope) you’ve created some of the most delicious chronic French fries that you’re going to find. This snack is sure to be a hit for those nights where you’re looking for something a bit more fun and different. On top of that it's a super quick and simple to make which is perfect to whip up whenever you’re in need of some smoke-sesh snackage. Leave a comment below letting us know what you think of this week’s recipe and what other foods you would like to see infused with THC.
See our Winnipeg Cannabis stores or our Saskatchewan Cannabis Stores for concentrates and flowers to make a great canna butter.
Read More Blogs On Cannabis Edibles:
|Dried Flowers or Edible? Which one to choose? Why?||Don't like Smoking? Try 5 Alternate ways to consume Cannabis|
|What is Cannabis 2.0?||Cannabis 2.0 Is Here, Cannabis 3.0 Is On It's Way|