As the cannabis industry has grown rapidly over the last few years, many kinds of new cannabis accessories have been constantly introduced at The Joint, allowing for the consumption of cannabis products in many different ways. Grinders are one of the primary accessories that any cannabis consumer needs to prepare dried cannabis flowers for consumption. When you decide to consume cannabis by vaping or smoking you first need to grind the cannabis flowers, before putting them into a bowl, pipe, or joint to smoke from. The quality of the weed grinders you use therefore can make a big difference in your use and enjoyment of those cannabis flowers. This article will explain each and every detail about grinders that you might not be aware of.
Various Types of Grinders:
When it comes to grinders, there are many different styles and kinds to choose from, and different grinders will grind cannabis differently. Some consumers will prefer one grinder for the cannabis they put in a vaporizer, and a different grinder for cannabis they put in a joint, depending on how fine they want the cannabis to be. Many consumers report that they prefer finely ground cannabis for vaping, and a more coarse grind for smoking, and it is worthwhile to try a couple of different grinders to determine which one is best for you. Other differences that separate grinders from one another are the materials used, as well as their structure.
Grinders by their material:
- Metal: Metal grinders are the most reliable and efficient and have a longer lifespan than grinders made from other materials. They come with very sharp teeth that make grinding cannabis easy. Many consumers prefer metal grinders as they are easy to wash, easy to carry, and also have really attractive designs made from aluminum and steel.
- Acrylic/Plastic: These grinders are economical and affordable. If taken care of, they can last a very long time. These grinders are also lightweight and mobile, and easy to fit in a pocket or purse.
- Wooden: If you want a classic and vintage look then a wooden grinder is your best option. Both beautiful and natural, wooden grinders are a great fit for active types.
- Electric: If you are looking for an easy option that gets it right every time, then an electric grinder would be a great option. The ease of use and consistent end product make electric grinders an up-and-coming favorite.
Grinders by their structure:
- 2-piece Grinders: As the name suggests, these grinders come in two pieces. Both the top part and the bottom part have teeth built into them. You just put your dried cannabis into it and twist it until the cannabis is ground to your satisfaction. 2-piece grinders can easily fit in your pocket and are more economical than others.
- 3-piece Grinders: These grinders include a storage unit for kief at the bottom, then a grinding unit in the middle, and a lid on top. Using this grinder allows you to collect the cannabis kief at the bottom of the grinder as you grind. You can then use the kief to create extra potent bowls or joints.
- 4-piece Grinders: These grinders are a bit more expensive in comparison to others but separate themselves by including the fourth chamber to store cannabis on the go.
Popular Brands of Grinders:
- Cannacrush: These grinders usually come in lightweight metal and represent an affordable introductory option. Cannacrush has 2-piece and 4 piece options to choose from and they have 1.5”, 2”, and 2.5” sizes. They also have plastic grinders and electric grinders available for purchase.
- Hammercraft: There are a huge variety of Hammercraft grinders, with both 2-piece and 4-piece options available. Hammercraft grinders feature sharp elongated teeth for a quick and smooth grind.
- Santa Cruz: Santa Cruz grinders come in a great selection of colors and sizes and include both 2-piece and 4-piece options. They are made from medical-grade materials and have extremely sharp teeth to produce the perfect grind from your dried cannabis flower every time. This is a “buy-it-for-life” product that will last a very long time.
- Space Case: As the name suggests, Space Case grinders are made from space metal aluminum with a titanium coating for a sophisticated, attractive finish. One of the best known and highest quality grinder brands, Space Case grinders come in a variety of colors including classic black and silver.
After reading the article, we hope you now have a solid grasp of the many different types of grinders available and are comfortable choosing which grinder is right for you. The Joint carries many different grinders for sale in Manitoba, both in-store and online! Come on down and pick out your perfect grinder today!