Today on the blog we’re taking a look at a time-tested favorite for cannabis enthusiasts alike. When it comes to the world of homemade edibles, One of the first things to my mind is cannabis-infused brownies. This treat is an absolute classic, and one of the most popular choices when it comes to edible cannabis. Luckily for you, this classic treat is incredibly easy to make, doesn’t require too many ingredients, and is sure to be a hit! (if you choose to share of course..) let’s not waste any more time and jump right into the recipe.
Starting off, Just like all recipes on this blog, you’re going to have two options on what you can use as a base to infuse your baking:
OPTION #1: THE EASY WAY - CANNABIS OIL
You can make things a bit simpler by heading down to one of our stores to purchase some cannabis oil. Tingle Drops from Veryvell are a great option for this, These drops are water-soluble and have virtually no taste, so they’ll be perfect for mixing into the brownie batter. They contain an equal 7-8 mg/g dose of THC and CBD. Just remember to only add a few drops (not too many) Once you’ve purchased your cannabis oil, skip ahead past option #2 and move onto the next step.
OPTION #2: THE OG WAY - MAKING CANNA-BUTTER
The second of the two options you have, This one requires a bit more work. You’re going to need to make some canna-butter. Here's a quick guide on how to make it if you’re unfamiliar:
- Decarb your cannabis: Preheat your oven to 245ºF. Place your cannabis buds on a non-stick tray. Cover tray with parchment paper to prevent your cannabis from sticking. Making sure buds are evenly spaced, put the tray into the oven and set a timer for 30-40 minutes, checking every 10 minutes.
- Grind it up: Once you’re finished with the oven, Grind the decarboxylated cannabis coarsely with a grinder.
- Melt your butter: Add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of butter into a saucepan. Simmer on low and let the butter melt. Add in a bit of water gradually to prevent major Burnage.
- Add your cannabis: As the butter begins to melt, add in your coarsely ground cannabis product.
- Simmer it slow: Maintain low heat, remember when it comes to cooking usually low and slow is best. let that mixture simmer for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally. The mixture shouldn’t come to a full boil.
- Strain the butter: Set a funnel on top of a jar and line it with cheesecloth. Once the butter has cooled off, pour it over the cheesecloth funnel and allow it to strain freely.
- Refrigerate the butter. If excess water forms at the bottom of the jar, you can remove the solid butter with a knife and drain the water out. (The butter will need to refrigerate for about an hour before removing the water.)
MAKING THE BROWNIES:
This recipe is going to make 16 potent cannabis-infused brownies. Make sure to have a clean working space to cook on. And a quick fair warning: While they may look tasty, just remember to go slow, and only eat one at a time. Be patient for those effects to kick in before enjoying more! Now that we’ve got all that out of the way, Here’s what you’ll need to do to make an awesome batch of cannabis-infused brownies.
- 1/8 ounce finely ground cannabis
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened, quality chocolate
- 1 3/4 cups coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 240°F (115°C). Spread cannabis evenly on a baking sheet. Bake 50 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add decarb’d cannabis and lower heat to a simmer. Cook for 45 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Strain cannabutter through a cheesecloth into a small glass measuring cup or bowl. Discard strained cannabis solids.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C) and grease a glass baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place chocolate in a large glass mixing bowl and melt in the microwave or over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Add cannabutter to melted chocolate and mix until combined, then mix in coconut sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing fully.
- Mix in flour, and walnut and/or mint, if using.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool slightly, then cut into 16 pieces. Store leftovers (make sure to clearly mark them!!)
Congrats, you’ve learned how to make a classic cannabis-infused treat that is going to be good no matter the time of day! Remember to let the brownies cool fully so that they don’t fall apart when trying to take them off of the pan. Now that the difficult part is over with, Remember to enjoy all of the chocolatey goodness in moderation... try one square, and see how it affects you, Then try another if one isn't packing enough of a punch for you. Leave a comment below and let us know what recipe you’d like to see next!